Thursday 21 March 2013

Chocolate - The Enemy? Maybe not....

Right, I'm REALLY struggling with the mentality side of all this. I'm loving juicing. I'm loving being 15lb lighter in just 3 months. However, I'm still missing my treats. Yes, those treats got me in this mess in the first place but the battle is back on.

I'd stopped craving sugar and rubbish but its creeping back. I'd not had chocolate for over a year but had replaced it with biscuits, sweets etc.

I'm trying to cut all of the above out but am struggling. Sugar is sugar and there is no healthy alternative. HOWEVER, somebody mentioned cocao to me today. Cocao is not cocoa apparently. Cocao is chocolate in its rawest form.

What I'm wondering if is if I can replace all the sugary stuff with this stuff? Would it settle that mentality of needing a treat?

Oh who knows. I'm so confused. I'm reading Jasons book at the moment, "The simple way to give up chocolate". He states that theobromine is the druggy part of chocolate. I always thought it was just the sugar. However, if I'm having cocao and it has no sugar with it...then surely getting addicted to raw cocao is okay if it isn't fattening?

For example, say I was addicted to sugar covered strawberries because I liked the taste of strawberries. Take the sugar away and they are still yummy but a darn sight healthier. Bad example? Ah well I'm just typing as I think. lol

Here is an article that was sent to me today: http://www.marigothealthretreat.com/my-love-affair-with-cacao/

What do you think about eating raw chocolate? 


No comments:

Post a Comment