Monday 11 March 2013

A seriously big blip

I'm going to be honest. I've had a seriously big blip in my whole juicing journey.
I had kidded myself about a month after the detox I could limit myself to one treat a week. That was diet mentality from the beginning but I hadn't realised it at the time.
It was the beginning of Harold my inner gremlin rearing his ugly head again. He has become my demon again.
That one biscuit on a Saturday turned into one on a Friday too. I told myself it was a weekend treat. My hubby said at the time that I'm an all or nothing person and that it would be a slippery slope. I was determined to prove him wrong.
Well that weekend treat then turned into a Monday treat too because little one was at school. Then I started rewarding myself for juicing all day. Then I changed the shortbread biscuit for a chocolate chip biscuit. I've not eaten it since last February thanks to Jasons chocolate busting book. That then turned into chocolate chunks in biscuits.
The one biscuit a day then turned into a bag of four from the bakery at the weekend. This then turned into one midweek too. This last week I've had a bag everyday.
The shame I feel at admittimg this is immense but it needs to be done.
My panic over not having sugar has returned. My eczema has returned. My sluggishness has returned. My motivation has gone.
I've confided in the group and they have all been very supportive. I'm considering handing the group over but will see if I can turn things around this week.
I have to admit to myself that it has to be all our nothing.
The following song came on the radio and the lyrics spoke to me. I've uploaded a screenshot from my phone. I hope it's legible.

No comments:

Post a Comment