Monday 8 April 2013

Day 1 of The Big Juice Spring Clean - Mental juice

Well, it's Day 1 of The Big Juice Spring Clean. It's 4pm here and I'm going to have juice number 3 when I've posted this.

I've called this post "Mental Juice" because the whole mental problems have kicked in already! What I mean is I've got to adjust to just juice again. For example, I went out with friends this morning to a coffee shop. I don't drink coffee anyway but when they got something to eat I was drooling! I sat there with my water and told myself I could do it.

Then we went out shopping. Again we walked through a cafe and all I could see was FOOD! I had another bottle of water to keep the hunger at bay.

I did all the juicing last night as an experiment. Usually I juice fresh but as hubby had to leave at just gone 7am I figured I'd do them the night before and freeze all but the first one. Hubby nearly went to work without his flasks! Luckily he remembered and came back. Oops.

I've found that juices with citrus in tend to taste stronger after a period of time cold or frozen. The first two of the day were fine but I'm yet to find out what the 4pm juice tastes like. I'll let you know tomorrow.

I'm also wondering on the whole mental side of it whether the headache is all in the mind. I can feel it beginning and it doesn't make sense. Last time I had it on Day 2 and that was detoxing from a life of sugar, crisps, fizzy, sweets, processed food etc. This time I'm not so maybe its just a coincidence?

The facebook group has gone loopy! We've swelled from about 180 members to 232 today alone! It just took one mention. It's great to have so many new members. :-)

I started the day off with a motivational video for the group. I'm thinking that every night I shall do a video for the blog. A video diary if you like.

I'm also considering taking twice daily photos of my eczema to watch it improve (do you like my positivity?)

Also I weighed myself and I'm on 10st 2 lb. I've lost 16 lb since January 7th 2013. My waist measurement was 33 and a quarter inches. 

Anyway, is anyone else out there doing this at the same time? If so, please comment below on how it's going for you also.

2 comments:

  1. Hello!! I Am doing the juicing too! I did the Worlds Biggest Juice Detox in January also! I lost 12 pounds! (Kept off about 8). Definitely time for another cleanse! I actually remember Jason doing the shout out to you and your hubby (and about the bet!! Hhaha)... this whole juice movement really does make you feel like your part of a team!

    I also have been documenting my results on a blog if you want to swing by :) Good luck to you and improving the eczema! Looks like you had fantastic results last time around! My link is below!

    http://motivatehealthy.blogspot.com/2013/04/april-spring-clean-day-1-juice-cleanse.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the delay in replying. I didn't get any notification so only just saw it. Well done on losing all that weight.

      It really makes me smile that people remember be for that shout out. Mind you it was quite memorable! lol

      Are you a member of our facebook group? There is a link in the side bar on the right. You're quite welcome to join if you haven't already.

      I'm off to look at your blog now. Thanks for your support and for commenting. :-) x

      Delete