Saturday 27 April 2013

Out To Sea

I'm writing this blog post on my phone whilst sat on an extremely rocky sea crossing home from a weeks holiday in the Isles of Scilly. Even though it won't be published for several hours, I need to distract myself because I feel so sick! All I can think is how a nice ginger shot would help (1/2 apple, 4cm of ginger).

I dread to think how much weight I've put on. I even considered taking my juicer in the cargo hold! I didn't however. I bought carton after carton of Innocent smoothies and juices. I figured it was the next best thing to go with eating solid fruit. I've got so used to juicing that the habit lies in the drinking of fruit and veg rather than the eating of it.

It was a slippery slope. I started off the week concentrating on making my food as low HI as possible but then little one wanted an ice cream. Just one would do no harm right? Wrong. One ice cream opened the flood gates for me.

We had arrived on a Saturday and I didn't go shopping until the Sunday. Big mistake. The Isles of Scilly shop is very small and their next delivery wasn't until late Monday. No fruit or veg!!!

We had a few grapes, some strawberries and an apple left over from our journey. Little one claimed those naturally. We headed out for a meal and the veg that was served up was so microwaved that the yellow from the sweetcorn was stained onto the cauliflower! So mushy. Bleurgh!

The next day (sunday) didn't improve fruit and veg wise. I had a salad out which was nice at least. On Monday I raided the local shop!

I've lived having no mobile phone signal though. I've not been on facebook, in the group or blogged in over a week. It's been quite liberating! I'm going to have a lot to catch up on when I do go in the group.

So, how has no juicing and the slippery slope of bad eating affected me? Not good. I've been bloated, irritable and groggy. I've not slept and when I have its not been of any quality.

I really need to get back to my juicer. We've got another hour on the boat, then 6 hours in the car. By the time you read this I'll be home. Until I go shopping the only fruit and veg in the house is 2 frozen avocados, frozen berries and frozen parsnip. Hm....

No comments:

Post a Comment