Thursday 9 May 2013

Recipe - Jason Vales Orange Soup

This is from the Jason Vale Clear Skin Programme with my own notes below of how I altered it.

Orange Soup

Ingredients

1/2 Butternut Squash
1 small Red Onion
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 medium carrots
1 vegetable stock cube

How to make:

Peel the butternut squash and remove the seeds. Peel the carrots and red onion and chop all the vegetables into small chunks.

Prepare the stock by dissolving the stock cube into 600 ml (1 pint) of boiling water.

In a large saucepan heat the oil and add all the vegetables and season with black pepper. Gently sweat the vegetables in the pan with the lid on for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes

Remove from heat and using a blender (hand or jug) blend the soup until smooth. Pour into a bowl and enjoy.

My Personal Notes

I decided to double the recipe so I can freeze some to save me time another day. Can I just add that butternut squashes are a pain in the proverbial to peel!!!!

It made enough for 4 people in the end! And its yummy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment